MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
WHAT IT COVERS
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect the person with help.
The course will teach you how to apply ALGEE:
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen nonjudgmentally
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies
Wednesday, February 24, 2021: 9 am - 4 pm ET
Wednesday, May 19, 2021: 9 am - 4 pm ET
Wednesday, August 18, 2021: 9 am - 4 pm ET
Wednesday, November 17, 2021: 9 am - 4 pm ET
To register for one of the above training workshops, please click HERE.
*NOTE: Registration for each of the above workshops closes ONE WEEK prior to the workshop date.
The virtual MHFA training is an engaged and participatory training. In order to get the most benefit from the training, you are expected to:
- Have your camera on during the training, aside from breaks.
- Plan to complete the training in a space where you will have minimal distractions.
- Reserve the timeframe of the training so that you can fully participate (i.e. cancel any meetings/events, put an away message on your email, arrange for childcare, etc...).
- Use one screen per person. This will allow you to use the Zoom features embedded in the training (chat, breakout rooms) and not encounter technical issues that can occur with audio when multiple devices are in the same room.
In addition, please note that in order to receive MHFA certification, YOU MUST ATTEND THE FULL DAY OF TRAINING AND PARTICIPATE IN AT LEAST 80% of the virtual activities that are part of the training.
If you are interested in scheduling a group training, please contact Julie Frischkorn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancelation/Refund Policy: SparkPro Training will provide a full refund for up to 30 days from the date of the training (less $15 administrative fee). No refund will be issued for cancelations within 30 days of the date of the training.
All refund requests must be received in writing. To receive a refund, submit your written request to SparkPro Training at email@example.com.
All refunds are processed within 30 days of receipt.