LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR COURSES
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This 8 hour training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
WHAT IT COVERS
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect the person with help.
The course will teach you how to apply the ALGEE action plan:
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen nonjudgmentally
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies
Date and time: Thursday March 26, 12PM to 5PM and Friday March 27, 7:30AM to 12PM
Location:The Wyndham University Center 100 Lytton Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15213
To register for the course, click the link below: