LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR COURSES
SPARKPRO DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM MASTER TRAINER PROGRAM
January 2021 Dates TBD Pittsburgh, PA
Faculty members of the Diabetes Prevention Support Center (DPSC) of the University of Pittsburgh have partnered with SparkPro Training to offer a Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Group Lifestyle Balance™ Master Trainer Program to prepare experienced providers to deliver Lifestyle Coach training workshops for health providers within their organization. A key component for successful DPP Group Lifestyle Balance™ program delivery is standardized and comprehensive training for health providers who are delivering the program. This allows for a high level of quality in program implementation, as well as long-term sustainability within large organizations that are delivering the DPP Group Lifestyle Balance™program.
The hands on, two-day DPP Group Lifestyle Balance™ Master Trainer workshop is conducted by expert faculty from the original DPP team, and is designed to provide experienced DPP Group Lifestyle Balance™ providers with the skills and materials necessary to provide Lifestyle Coach training and support for implementation in the community.
As a first step, individuals who would like to become a DPP GLB Master Trainer should complete the DPP GLB two-day Lifestyle Coach training to obtain experience in offering the one-year DPP GLB program to those at risk for type 2 diabetes.
Required qualifications for application to the DPP GLB Master Trainer Program:
- Previous completion of at least 12 hours of formal Lifestyle Coach training by a CDC recognized trainer
- Evidence of successful DPP GLB program delivery for at least one year
- Health care professional with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related field (or substantive experience)
- Recommendation by supervisor to address the following qualities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and group facilitation skills
- Understanding of adult learning principles
- Knowledge of the principles of behavior change (including motivational interviewing techniques)
- Experience with data collection and reporting (i.e., word processing, working with Excel spreadsheets entry, reporting, and interpretation)
- Ability to understand and oversee participant safety related issues with respect to program delivery and ensuring participant privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to guide behavior change efforts in others without prescribing personal actions or solutions, so that participants increase their self-confidence and capacity to make and sustain positive lifestyle changes
- Ability to build strong relationships with individuals and build community within a group, including virtual groups where applicable
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures; cultural competency related to participants served
Upcoming DPP GLB Master Trainer Program: January, 2021 TBD
Due to COVID-19, we are tentatively planning for an in-person Master Training in January 2021. We will continue to monitor the situation and post the specific dates as we have more information.
Application Packets are due on or before November 15, 2020. Applicants will be notified of acceptance by December 15, 2020. No payment is required until acceptance is confirmed.
Application Packets MUST include the following in order to be reviewed:
- Application (click here)
- Candidate’s resume or CV
- Letter of Recommendation from Supervisor
Please submit your Application Packet in one PDF file to email@example.com